Thesis Procedures after Thesis Defense
► After defense, submit the Graduate School a completed “Thesis Evaluation Form” (A-5) and “Ma / Ph.D. / Integrated Ma-Ph.D Thesis Jury Report” signed by each jury member.
► Thesis manuscript must be prepared in accordance with the Thesis Writing Directive of the Graduate School of Social Sciences.
► Prepare 3 black clothbound copies of your thesis in accordance with the printing rules specified in the Directive. See also, Thesis Directive Annex 9.
► The approval page in the thesis must be signed by all jury members. See also, Thesis Directive Annex 3.
► Fill out and sign the Ethical Declaration page in thesis. See also, Thesis Directive Annex 4.
► Complete 5 copies of the “Thesis Data Entry and Publication Approval Form" in accordance with the below-stated rules.
► Prepare 3 Compact Discs (CD) in accordance with the below-stated rules.
► Have the Research Assistant of the Graduate School check the printed theses, compact discs and forms.
► Submit 3 Black Clothbound copies of your thesis, 3 compact discs and 5 copies of the "Thesis Data Entry and Publication Approval Form to the Graduate School.
How to Prepare the Compact Discs
1. The full text of the Thesis has to be loaded in one pdf file. You may use the applications in the Word document to change file content into Pdf format. Files containing attachments are prepared according to number 6 below.
2. The Pdf content must conform to that approved by the Graduate School. As the Turkish Council of Higher Education makes no change in the theses, it is the author’s sole responsibility to ensure coherence in both the printed as well as the digital copy of the thesis and to include page numbering, illustrations, graphics, tables, etc.
3. The file containing the full text of the thesis must not be compressed or encoded. Only the Appendices may be compressed using the WinRAR program.
4. Use reference numbers in the Thesis Data Entrance Form to name the file. For Example:
For full text: referenceno.pdf
For appendices: referenceno.rar
5. The thesis appendices in the form of text or copy from other sources must be included in the pdf file. Scanned or photocopied material has to be converted into pdf format, as well.
6. Multi-content Thesis: If the theses containing maps, computer programs, video or audio records must be copied onto a CD as one file using the WinRAR program and under the title referenceno.rar.
NOTE: CDs must be kept in an impact-resistant CD sleeve and labeled in Turkish with T.C ATILIM ÜNİVERSİTESİ, SOSYAL BİLİMLER ENSTİTÜSÜ, ANA BİLİM DALI (THESIS TITLE, AUTHOR’S NAME, TYPE OF THESIS, NAME AND TITLE OF ADVISOR, DATE OF DEFENSE, AND REFERENCE NUMBER)
Filling Thesis Data Entry and Publication Approval Form
1. The form is intended to receive approval from the author for sharing the content in different areas of research, including online database of the National Thesis Center, the Turkish Council of Higher Education. To download the form, visit http://tez.yok.gov.tr/UlusalTezMerkezi. You need to sign in as a member first.
2. The content of the form is temporarily stored in a file at the National Thesis Centre Database, making it possible to correct any errors. A printable version is provided containing a Reference Number for subsequent use.
3. The titles and abstract pages are uploaded into the browsable sections of the Thesis Database. Therefore, the text should not contain symbols and characters such as italic fonts, tables, graphics, chemical or mathematical formulas, symbols, subscripts and superscripts, Greek letters and other non-standard symbols or characters.
4. On the occasion that the Department, Division, Sub-Division is missing from the selectable option in the database, these sections on the form may be skipped.
5. Terminology Index: Enter the thesis keywords in the alphabetical list for direct access through the National Thesis Center.
6. Proposed Terminology Index: In case your related keywords cannot be found on the Index Terminology List in the system, enter the English/Turkish equivalents of your proposed keywords in this section.
7. Permission for Publication and Postponement: Since the Form is also valid for online publication, the consenting individual must click on the “I hereby allow my thesis to be made accessible on the National Thesis Database” checkbox in the form. This consent can be delayed up to three years in the case that the thesis is in the process of printing by a publication house or in case of patent applications.
8- Abstract: This has to be written in both Turkish and another related foreign language, not to exceed 300 words.
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES
** Following your defense, submit your thesis to the Graduate School within 20 days after making the necessary corrections in the manuscript.
- Check the attached Excel file to ensure that you have entered the name of the department and the master’s program correctly in the cover page.
- After the corrections, send the final version of your thesis to email@example.com for plagiarism check. Turnitin plagiarism reports are issued on Mondays and Thursdays.
- To prevent reprinting your thesis, make sure you have fully complied with the Thesis Writing Directive of the Graduate School of Social Sciences.