SRP Applications Have Started
2016-2017 Academic Year Scientific Research Projects (BAP) Program applications have started in order to give initiative support to our junior academicians for a research substructure, encourage interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary studies and develop the research environment in our university in accordance with the strategic plan of Atilim University.Deadline for the submission of project proposal forms of Scientific Research Projects (BAP) supported by Atilim University is 01.02.2017.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION WITH REGARD TO THE APPLICATIONS FOR THE PROJECTS TO BE SUPPORTED WITHIN THE SCOPE OF BAP:
- The academicians who have PhD degree can apply to the projects as an executive,
- The support shall be provided to the instructors who have just begun their academic career or have not received BAP support from our university before,
- Interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary research might be preferable,
- Projects can be prepared individually or as a group,
- Projects shall be designed for a fundamental or applied research to produce knowledge/technology/product,
- The maximum term of the projects will be 1 (one) year,
- Approved projects will be granted financial support between TL 10.000 and 50.000.
- It will be possible to employ scholarship researcher within the scope of the project (*),
- All kinds of machinery, equipment, devices, software, book and articles can be purchased and travel (transportation, accommodation, food) expenses can be made in order to conduct the project; however, these expenses (**) must be related to the subject of the project. Expenses arising from the participation in conferences, symposiums, fairs etc. will not be covered by the budget,
- In addition to the financial support provided by the University, the project executives will be able to receive financial support (grants), either financial or in kind, by applying to other institutions and organizations for the execution and completion of the project.
- PRIMARY CRITERIA IN THE EVALUATION OF BAP PROPOSALS::
- To be a scientific study in high-potential important cultural and artistic fields, in addition to the scientific studies and research in Natural and Applied Sciences and Social Sciences,
- To have multiple disciplines and executives, and cover the projects involving collaborations between departments and faculties,
- Project proposals must address an original research topic or an original cultural or artistic activity,
- Projects must have potential to be published in “Citation Index” or international journals or cited in national/international seminars, exhibitions and similar organizations,
- Jury shall evaluate the potential of the projects to receive support from institutions/organizations such as TUBITAK, State Planning Organization, and European Union or be conducted as an industry-supported project or international project (after the completion of project, realization of this condition will be followed by ARGEDA-TTO).
- REQUIREMENTS TO BE FULFILLED IF PROJECT PROPOSALS ARE ACCEPTED
After the completion of projects, at least one of below written conditions must be fulfilled:
- The results of the studies conducted within the scope of project must be presented in an international conference and qualified enough to be published in national or international journals involved in “Citation Index”,
- Project executives must conduct at least one graduate or postgraduate study in project subjects,
- Project executives must apply for a patent, if the studies to be conducted within the scope of project result in an invention,
- After the execution and completion of project, project executors must make an attempt to receive external support from industrial institutions and organizations or national or international institutions/organizations such as TUBITAK, State Planning Organization, European Union or HORIZON 2020 to develop the research (after the completion of project, realization of this condition will be followed by ARGEDA-TTO).
- PROJECT PROPOSAL CALENDAR
A soft and printed and signed copy of project proposals must be submitted to Office of ARGEDO-TTO till the end of shift on Wednesday, 01 February 2017.
Project proposals shall be presented and evaluated according to below given calendar.
Project Proposal Calendar
01 February 2017
End of Project Invitation, Deadline for Project Submission
09 February 2017
Preliminary Evaluation of the Board of ARGEDA-TTO
17 February 2017
Scientific Evaluations of BAP Projects (In-house referees)
21 February 2017
Projects will be arrayed by the Board of ARGEDA-TTO
23 February 2017
Announcements of the Projects to be supported
01 March 2017
Signing and Initiation of Projects
- (*) SCHOLARSHIP PAYMENTS IN SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH PROJECTS
- Project executives, researcher academicians and instructors shall not receive additional payment.
- Undergraduate students of Atilim University to work in the projects may receive scholarship up to TL 400, graduate students up to TL 750 and postgraduate students up to TL 1000. Scholarship undergraduate students shall work minimum 20 hours per months. Total amount of scholarship to be paid should not exceed 35% of project budget.
- (**) TRAVEL EXPENSES IN SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH PROJECTS
- Transportation: Project executives may prefer airline or land transportation for the travels related to projects. If private vehicles are taken for travels, project executives must indicate the distance and route so that travel allowance (6 lt non-leaded fuel per 100km) is paid. Taxi may be taken in local transportation; however maximum TL 100 can be paid for taxi fares.
- Accommodation (Per Day): Maximum TL 150 shall be paid for domestic travels and EURO 150 for foreign travels.
- Food (Per Day): Food expenses are limited to TL 60 for project executives and researchers per day and TL 50 for assistants and other personnel. Maximum EURO 50 shall be paid in foreign travels per day. Half of above-mentioned amounts shall be paid for one-day local and intercity travels.
- Total Limit: If the term of project is one year, maximum TL 3.000 shall be paid for domestic work visits including transportation, accommodation and food expenses and TL 7.000 for foreign visits. All expenses must be documented. Undocumented expenses shall not be paid.
Our academicians and students who intend to submit a project proposal can receive assist from the Office of ARGEDA-TTO during the preparation period of project preparation.Application conditions and project proposal form is available at http://argeda.atilim.edu.tr/bap.
Sema Huseyin Tel: 312 586 88 01 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Setenay Surucu Tel: 312 586 88 02 E-mail: email@example.com