Founded in Ankara with the purpose of becoming a university which provides quality education, produces science and technology, conducts research and enlightens the future of our country, Atilim University takes firm steps to attain its target and even carry it one step further.
Established by the Atilim Foundation on 15 July 1997 to serve as a Foundation University in the capacity of a legal entity pursuant to provisions of Law no. 2547 concerning the Foundation of Higher Education Institutes, Atilim University has ranked;
- 4th among the Turkish Universities in Times Higher Education (THE) World Universities Ranking prepared by an English ranking organization TES Global on the basis of research, education, internationalization and industrial income;
- 2nd among the Turkish universities involved in the Physical Sciences rankings prepared by Times Higher Education (THE);
- 62nd among 300 universities from 50 countries in the rankings covering THE BRICS and Emerging Economies; 6th among Turkish universities and 4th among foundation universities;
- 21st in Turkey and 6th among Turkish foundation universities according to the Spanish research organization SCIMAGO’s ranking based on quality oriented research, innovation and social sensitivity;
- 42nd among Turkish Universities and 7th among foundation universities in the Turkish Universities ranking prepared by URAP incorporated under the Informatics Institute, METU;
- 1787th in URAP world rankings; 54th among Turkish universities and 9th among foundation universities;
- 43rd among Turkish Universities and 10th among foundation universities in the Webometrics ranking prepared by the Spanish research organization Cybermetrics Lap measuring internet performance of universities.
- Among the top 250 universities in “Emerging Europe and Central Asia” according to the ranking prepared by QS on the basis of research, education and internationalization;
- Among the top 39 Turkish Universities and top 6 foundation universities in the American US News Global World Universities ranking.
Ranking among the top 6 universities in “Entrepreneur and Innovative Universities Ranking” prepared by the Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology and becoming one of the rising values of Turkey with research and industrial collaboration attempts, Atilim University supports the studies of academicians on the path of becoming a world class university within the scope of:
- Scientific Research Projects (BAP),
- Undergraduate Research Projects (LAP),
- Research Laboratories Projects (ALP),
- TUBITAK-Funded Projects,
- Consultancy Projects,
- And the projects carried out in collaboration with various institutions and organizations from public and private sector.
ATILIM UNIVERSITY CREATES A SCIENTIFIC CULTURE THROUGH UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECTS
Initiated to create an undergraduate research culture and raise researchers and creative students, Undergraduate Research Projects (LAP) are one of the most important programs of the University thanks to their contribution to development of entrepreneur researchers. Atilim University encourages scientific production efforts of groups and individuals by granting scholarships up to 1000 TL per student and 15.000 TL in total. Projects are carried out within the scope of three sub-categories including “fundamental research, experimental development, innovative product or process”.
The program prefers research projects which are recognized and supported by the industry and having inter-disciplinary cooperation and further research potential. In addition to Industry Funded Projects, the projects of TUBITAK ARDEB, TEYDEB, BIDEB, European Union ERASMUS+, Horizon2020 and Public Institutions are regarded as other externally funded projects. Undergraduate Research Projects, which have been conducted since 2010, are shared in and out of university through exhibitions and presentations at the end of each academic year.
Atilim University provides higher education with 40 programs in the Schools of Engineering, Law, Management, Fine Arts, Design and Architecture, Arts and Sciences, Health Sciences, Civil Aviation and Directorate of Distance Education.
In addition, Graduate Schools of Natural and Applied Sciences and Social Sciences offer graduate education at Atilim University which launched collaborative research projects with defense industry organizations within the scope of Researcher Training Program for the Defense Industry (SAYP) developed by Undersecretariat for Defense Industries.
Students utilize 14 Research Centers and 150 laboratories at the University for research and training purposes. As an outstanding research center of Atilim University, Metal Forming Center of Excellence is one of the tree most developed centers of Europe and the first and only research center in Turkey in its field. The Metal Forming Center of Excellence (MFCE) was established in 2010 and funded by the Turkish Ministry of Development and Atilim University. The Center aims to support the Turkish metal forming industry through research in four main areas, develop innovative, knowledge-based manufacturing technologies, manufacture high value-added components, manufacture new and advanced materials and explore options for energy-efficient manufacturing.
Similarly, the Civil Aviation Training Center of Atilim University located in Esenboga Airport is the first and only aircraft hangar launched by a university in Ankara.
Celebrating 20th anniversary of its foundation with “Entrepreneurship, Progress, Change” motto, Atilim University became entitled to be funded as an implementing organization in TUBITAK BIGG (Individual Young Entrepreneurship). The program collects and evaluates business idea applications of entrepreneurs, pre-incubates approved ideas and applies business idea confirmation processes and supports entrepreneurs in terms of qualified business plan preparation.
In addition to Turkish medium departments, Atilim University offers majority of higher education programs in English and students even have the opportunity to learn other modern languages. More than 500 international students from 50 countries receive education at the University which reaches every corner of the world.
Atilim University strives to raise individuals who beautify their life in terms of science, culture, arts and sports. Therefore, Atilim University aims to announce, share and multiply the values of students to all stakeholders with “50 Outstanding Students of Atilim”, “Progress towards Life” and “Share the Success” programs.
All makeup exams of ENG courses offered by Department of Modern Languages will be held on......
2017-2018 Spring Semester are Now Available...