On the Senate Resolutions Dated March 31, 2023
With the statement dated March 30, 2023, by the Council of Higher Education regarding education activities in the Spring semester of the academic year of 2022-2023; the Atılım University Senate resolved as follows in the meeting of March 31, 2023:
1. Education during the spring semester of the academic year of 2022-2023 is to continue face-to-face for all grades at Atılım University from Monday, April 3, 2023. Courses are to be presented in classrooms by instructors, and streamed online.
2. Practical courses, and the practical aspects of theoretical courses are to progress face-to-face at Atılım University, subject to attendance obligations, from Monday, April 3, 2023.
3. Midterm exams, previously announced to be on April 8-19, are to take place online between these dates.
4. Instructors of departments other than the School of Medicine are to amend their syllabuses accordingly, and set the weight of midterm exams on end-of-year grades at 10%, maximum.
5. The Academic Calendar has been amended; and the final exams of the semester are to be held face-to-face, and in two sessions, between May 16 and June 13, 2023. The first semester final exam session is to be between May 16 and May 30, with the second session between June 1 and June 13, 2023.
6. The topics that fall within the scope of the semester final exam sessions, as well as their weights, are to be determined by the relevant instructor, to be announced to students accordingly.
7. As for the School of Medicine, the committee exams currently in progress are to be online; and other committee exams, internship exams, and the semester final exams are to be made in one session, and face to face.
8. Since the level exams of the Department of Basic English, School of Foreign Languages, also serve as their semester final exams; they are to be held face-to-face, on the relevant pre-determined dates (April 6-7, 2023).
Kindly submitted for your information, and necessary action.