Required Criteria and Grading
Criteria and Scoring
APPLICATION CRITERIA AND CONDITIONS
- Be a junior or senior undergraduate student (transferred students must complete a minimum of two semesters in their departments).
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.25 as of fall semester.
- Not receive any disciplinary punishment during their study at Atilim University and traffic ticket not allowing them to enter the campus by their own car.
- Apply to the program using the online application system within specified deadlines.
- Submit 1 or 2 reference letter(s) to be written by academic or administrative staff of the University. If more than two reference letters are submitted, the first two letters shall be evaluated.
- Write a letter of intention. The letter of intention must:
- Consist of a minimum of 250 and maximum 800 words;
- Include self-introduction;
- Explain the reason for being favorable for 50 Outstanding Students of Atilim program;
- Explain the contributions of the education delivered by the university to the applicant;
- Include personal interests and future targets;
- Include the contributions to be made by the applicant, if s/he becomes one of 50 Outstanding Students of Atilim.
- Students meeting these criteria cannot be selected more than twice and can apply to the program until being selected twice.
Applicants are evaluated in five categories out of 100 points. Each category has 20 points. Only the activities carried out during university education shall be accepted on the condition that they are documented. Documents must bear date, name, title, signature and/or stamp of issuing person/authority and each document can only be used for one activity. Documents must be uploaded on category basis. Missing documents and information shall not be evaluated. The Board shall make a decision about contradictory information and documents.
1. Academic Achievement (Maximum 40 points)
Having a minimum GPA of 2.25 as of fall semester.
2. Social service (max. 80 points)
(Community/Social Service: It covers the studies on environment, children, disadvantaged groups, animals, people in need, and social gender equality).
- Engaging in activities on community/social service (10 pts., max. 2 activities)
- Former/current active membership in community/social service societies or campaigns (5 pts., max. 2 memberships)
- Current active leadership in community/social service societies or campaigns (15 pts., max. 2 leadership duties)
- Former active leadership in community/social service societies or campaigns (10 pts, max. 2 leadership duties)
3. Entrepreneurship (Maximum 90 points)
- Participating in entrepreneurship studies in or out of the university (5 pts., max. 2 studies)
- Nomination or application for a reward in entrepreneurship (5 pts., max. 2 nominations)
- Having an entrepreneurship award (10 pts., max. 2 rewards)
- Having a business idea/business plan approved by official institutions (15 pts., max. 2 ideas/plans)
- Launching and managing a business enterprise during university education or still managing a business enterprise (20 pts.)
4. Extracurricular University Activities (Max. 180 points)
Activities in art, cultural, sports and academic clubs or societies as a student.
- Current active membership in student clubs or societies (10 pts., max. 2 memberships)
- Current active leadership/managership position in student clubs or societies (15 pts., max. 2 active leadership positions)
- Former active leadership/managership position in student clubs or societies (5 pts., max. 2 Former leadership positions)
- Participation in current or former student competitions (5 pts., max. 2 participations)
- Achievement in current or former student competitions (20 pts., max. 2 achievements)
- Current or former extracurricular Undergraduate Research experience (15 pts., max. 2 experiences)
- Take part in Peer Leader and/or Share the Success Program (15 pts., max. 2)
- Having worked or still working in academic and administrative units of the university (5 pts., max. 2 positions)
5. Other Important Activities (Max. 130 points)
- Having represented or representing the university successfully out of the university (15 pts., max. 2 representations)
- Participating in and successfully completing international exchange and internship programs (15 pts., max. 2 programs)
- Speaking a documentable second or third foreign language except English (5 pts. for each language)
- Internship and work experience except for compulsory internship (10 pts., max. 2 internship/work experiences)
- Being a student of Atilim University Double Major Program (10 pts.) or Minor Program (5 pts.)
- Letter of Intent (max. 10 points)
- Reference Letter (Max. two Letters of Reference must be written by academic or administrative staff of Atilim University. Max. 10 pts., average of two reference letters shall be taken in case of multiple letters)
- Receiving certificate or participation document in personal development, occupational or academic fields (5 pts., max. 2)