SUMMER INTERNSHIP REGULATIONS
ALL DOCUMENTS SHOULD BE HANDED OVER 20 DAYS BEFORE THE STARTING DATE OF THE INTERNSHIP
- In order to graduate the students of Software Engineering Department have to complete two summer internships one of which is at the end of the 4th term (SE 399) and the second one is at the end of 6th term.
- First of these internships takes 20 workdays and the second one takes 30 workdays.
- The students may ask any kind of questions related to the summer internships to their Department Coordinator Dr. Erhan Gökçay.
- In order to take SE 399 "Summer Practice I" the students have to be successful at COMPE 112 and COMPE 225 while to take SE 499 "Summer Practice II" they have to be successful at COMPE 226 in addition to COMPE 112 and COMPE 225.
- The students must start/finish the internship after final exams and before starting day of classes.
- If the students are taking courses during the summer, the internship duration should be extended accordingly.
- The students must take an "acceptance of internship" document from the institution/ company that they are going to have their internships and the starting and ending dates and daily working hours should be stated on the document.
- According to the notification by Social Security Institution the students who are supposed to have their internships in the summer Work Accidents and Occupational Disease Insurances shall be made. Since it would not be possible for students to start their internships prior to completing their insurance duties, they must hand in the required documents stated below at least 20 days before the starting date of the internship.
- After all the necessary documents are handed in to the Internship coordinators, it will be possible for the students to start the internship by giving the contract, which was approved by Registrar's Office, to the institutions/ companies.
- The students who fulfill all the requirements above will get their internship assessment forms as sealed. The students will take this document to the institution/ company where they will work. At the end of the internship period this document will be filled and sent by the institution/ company to the internship coordinators.
- The internship reports shall include internship front page and shall be written according to the Guidelines and Format of the Report using a word processor. Spelling check should also be done.
- The students who complete their internships must register to SE 399/ 499Summer Practice I/ II courses in the following Fall term. If a student can not register to these courses in the following Fall term, s/he has to do it in the next Spring term provided that s/he hands in the report in the Fall term. Provided that the students can not register tot these courses in the Spring term following to their internships either, they need to repeat their internships.
- The internship reports "in two copies" should be handed in till the end of 2nd week of the Fall term following their internships.
Documents Required (as one original copy)
- Certificate of Acceptance including name of the institution/ company, starting and ending dates of the internship, weekly working hours written on a letterhead and signed by the supervisor of the intern
- Duplex Identification Card Xerox
- 4 Passport Photo (3 of which are for summer internship assessment forms)
- The “Internship Application Form” should be completed using the link below. The system will automatically send you a pdf-file to the e-mail address you entered with the filled information. Printed and signed (By you and by department coordinator) form should be handed over with other documents.
- The required parts of Internship Forms should be completed as needed and handed it over to the institution. For foreign internships, the English version should be filled.
- All documents should be handed over 20 days before the starting date of the internship
- The Insurance document can be obtained from the Directorate of Financial Affairs before the starting date of the internship.