SUMMER INTERNSHIP REGULATIONS
ALL DOCUMENTS SHOULD BE HANDED OVER 20 DAYS BEFORE THE STARTING DATE OF THE INTERNSHIP
CLICK HERE FOR INTERNSHIP SUGGESTIONS INFORMATION DOCUMENT
- In order to graduate, the students of the Software Engineering Department have to complete two summer internships, one of which is at the end of the 4th term (SE 399), and the second one is at the end of the 6th term.
- The first of these internships take 20 workdays, and the second one takes 30 workdays.
- The students may ask any kind of questions related to the summer internships to their Department Coordinator Dr. Erhan Gökçay.
- In order to take SE 399 "Summer Practice I," the students have to be successful at CMPE 225, while to take SE 499 "Summer Practice II," they have to be successful at CMPE 226.
- The students must start/finish the internship after final exams and before starting the day of classes.
- If the students are taking courses during the summer, the internship duration should be extended accordingly.
- According to the notification by Social Security Institution, the students who are supposed to have their internships in the summer Work Accidents and Occupational Disease Insurances shall be made. Since it would not be possible for students to start their internships prior to completing their insurance duties, they must hand in the required documents stated below at least 20 days before the starting date of the internship.
INTERNSHIP APPLICATION DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
- Internship Requirement Document is needed by the companies which shows the student internship requirement. The following Internship Requirement Document needs to be filled by the student, printed, and be brought to Yasemin Kurt to be signed.
INSURANCE APPLICATION DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
- Acceptance of Internship document from the institution/ company that they are going to have their internships, starting and ending dates of the internship, weekly working hours are written on letterhead and signed by the supervisor of the intern.
- Duplex Identification Card Xerox
- The “Internship Application Google Form” should be completed using the link below.
Internship Application Form: https://goo.gl/Q37D3J
- The same information should be used to fill the following Internship Application Form. The form should be printed (with a photo attached) and signed by the student.
INSURANCE APPLICATION PROCESS
- All documents should be handed over to the department 20 days before the starting date of the internship.
- Until a second announcement, all documents should be scanned and sent by email to email@example.com. Original copies of documents should be kept. Document file names should be as follows.
- The Insurance document can be obtained from the Directorate of Financial Affairs before the starting date of the internship. The same document can also be obtained from www.turkiye.gov.tr if applicable.
DOCUMENT REQUIRED AT THE END OF THE INTERNSHIP
- The students who fulfill all the requirements above will get their Internship Assessment Forms sealed. The students will take this document to the institution/ company where they will work. At the end of the internship period, this document will be filled and sent by the institution/ company to the internship coordinators. The student can also deliver the sealed letter.
- The internship reports shall include the Internship FrontPage and shall be written according to the Guidelines and Format of the Report using a word processor. A spelling check should also be done. The reports should be loaded for Moodle (By registering for Moodle SE499 or SE499 courses)
- The physical copies will not be delivered until further notice. All announcements from Moodle (By registering for Moodle SE499 or SE499 courses) should be read.
- The students who complete their internships must register for SE 399/499 Summer Practice I/ II courses in the following Fall term. If a student cannot register for these courses in the following Fall term, s/he has to do it in the next Spring term provided that s/he hands in the report in the Fall term. Provided that the students cannot register for these courses in the Spring term following their internships either, they need to repeat their internships.