SUMMER INTERNSHIP REGULATIONS
- In order to graduate, the students of the Information Systems Engineering Department have to complete two summer internships, one of which is at the end of the 4th term (ISE 399), and the second one is at the end of the 6th term (ISE499).
- The first of these internships takes minimum 20 workdays, and the second one takes 30 workdays.
- The students may ask any kind of questions related to the summer internships to their Department Coordinator Res. Assist. Dr. Mehtap Tufan.
- In order to take “ISE399 Summer Practice I", the students have to be successful in “CMPE225 Object Oriented Programming” while to take “ISE499 Summer Practice II" they have to be successful in “CMPE226 Data Structures”.
- A student can do his/her summer practice in the period starting at the end of final exams of the spring semester and ending at the beginning of the fall semester.
- If a student does his/her summer practice during the summer school then the student should extend the summer practice duration for the days that s/he comes to the summer school.
- The students must take an "acceptance letter" from the institution/company that they are going to have their summer practices. (See Documents Required).
- According to the notification by Social Security Institution, Work Accidents and Occupational Disease Insurances shall be made for the students who are supposed to have their summer practices. Since it would not be possible for students to start their summer practices prior to completing their insurance duties, they must hand in the required documents stated below at least 10 days before the starting date of the summer practice (See Documents Required).
- After all the necessary documents are handed in to the Department’s Secretary, it will be possible for the students to start the summer practice by taking the employment document from Personnel Directorate.
- The students who fulfill all the requirements above will get their internship assessment and career survey form as sealed. The students will take this document to the institution / company where they will work. At the end of the summer practice period this document will be filled and sent by the institution/company to the Department’s Secretary.
- The summer practice reports shall include front page and shall be written according to the “Guidelines and Format of the Report” using a word processor. Spelling check should also be done.
- The students who complete their summer practices must register to ISE 399 / 499 Summer Practice I / II courses in the following Fall term. If a student can not register to these courses in the following Fall term, s/he has to do it in the next Spring term. If s/he does not register to these courses in the Spring term following to their summer practice either, s/he has to repeat his/her summer practice.
- The summer practice reports "in two copies" should be delivered to department secretary till the end of 3. week of the registered term. Additionally, the summer practice reports should be uploaded to Moodle.
INTERNSHIP APPLICATION DOCUMENTS REQUIRED (for Workplaces)
- Internship Requirement Document: It shows the student internship requirement and is needed by the companies. This Internship Requirement Document needs to be filled by the student, printed, and be brought to the department secretary (Ayşegül Özeke) to be signed.
INSURANCE APPLICATION DOCUMENTS REQUIRED (To be submitted to the department secretary)
- Acceptance Letter of Internship: It is an internship acceptance document written on letterhead and signed by the internship institution, stating the institution where the internship will take place, the exact start and end dates, weekly working hours.
- Duplex Identification Card Xerox
- 2 photographs (to be attached to the internship assessment forms)
- Internship Application Form: Fill in the Internship Application Form opened as Google Form using this link: https://goo.gl/Q37D3J
- Internship Information Form: A printer-compatible Intern Information Form will be automatically generated with the information you enter in the Internship Application Form and it will be sent to the e-mail address you entered in the form. If you do not receive it, you can download the blank form by clicking on the Intern Information Form link and fill it out yourself. Please sign a hard copy of the form you will receive by e-mail (if you do not receive it, download and the fill the form with the same information you entered in Internship Application Form) and submit it together with the other documents.
- Internship Assessment and Career Survey Form: This form will be downloaded from the webpage, necessary places will be filled out and your photograph will be pasted (2 copies). The person who will do the internship in abroad should fill out the English version of Internship Assessment Form.
INSURANCE APPLICATION PROCESS
- The above documents (Acceptance Letter of Internship, Duplex Identification Card Xerox, Internship Application Form, Internship Assessment and Career Survey Form) should be brought to secretary of the department at least 10 days before the starting date of the internship.
- After the delivery of the documents, it will be possible to start the internship by receiving the employment notification form from the Personnel Department 1-20 working days before the internship starts. Students who cannot receive the employment notification form by hand can receive it via e-mail upon request. In addition, workplaces can also see it from the SGK system.
DOCUMENT REQUIRED AT THE END OF THE INTERNSHIP
- Internship Assessment and Career Survey Form: This form and survey, which are approved by the department chair during the internship application process, will be given to the institution where the student is doing their internship. At the end of the internship, this form and survey will be filled in by the institution and sent to the department secretary in a sealed, closed envelope, by way of students or by mail.
- The internship reports shall include the Internship FrontPage and shall be written according to the Guidelines and Format of the Report using a word processor. A spelling check should also be done. Internship reports must be submitted to the department secretariat in two copies within the third week of the semester. In addition, students should also upload a copy of their internship report to Moodle (by attending ISE399 or ISE499 Moodle courses).
- The students who complete their internships must register for ISE 399/499 Summer Practice I/ II courses in the following Fall term. If a student cannot register for these courses in the following Fall term, s/he has to do it in the next Spring term provided that s/he hands in the report in the Fall term. Provided that the students cannot register for these courses in the Spring term following their internships either, they need to repeat their internships.
SUMMER PRACTISE PROCEDURE