Where Do Industrial Engineers Work?
The term 'industry' actually applies to any organization. Industrial engineering graduates have the opportunity to work in all kinds of businesses, from manufacturing companies to service companies, from private companies to public institutions. Examples of industrial engineering projects include:
• Designing a hospital's admissions process,
• To carry out work and time studies,
• To carry out the production planning activities of a manufacturing company,
• Developing the layout of a shipyard and ship repair-maintenance unit,
• Simulation modeling,
• Representing a company in the design and construction of a new manufacturing plant,
• Developing a new method to prevent worker injuries in the assembly of a product.