Grants “Sports Scholarships” to student athletes to pursue their undergraduate education at our University in proportion to their academic success and sportive achievements.
Sports Scholarship :
This is the scholarship awarded to students participating in competitions on behalf of the University and in the athletic fields where the University competes.
The students wishing to benefit from the sports scholarship must submit all information and documents related to their national and international participation, studies, achievements, and records to the Directorate of Sports in a portfolio.
Sports Scholarship status of students depends on their academic achievements, and their participation in university teams in their field of sports. The Board of Trustees determines the fields and the students to be awarded this scholarship upon the recommendation by the Directorate of Sports, and the approval of the President. Sports Scholarships are granted for a year and do not grant the students the right to receive another scholarship in the following years.
Sports Scholarship students are required to advance to their majors after having completed the preparatory English education at the Department of Basic English in their first year, or to achieve a GPA of 1.70 at the end of the academic year if already pursuing their major, to have their scholarship carried over to the next academic year.
Students wishing to benefit from their sports scholarship throughout the relevant academic year are also required to exhibit no unjust cases of non-attendance to the activities where their participation is expected under their university team (training sessions, games, competitions, meetings etc.); or not be dismissed from their relevant team by Atılım University Sports Affairs Ethical Board on the grounds of actions violating the Athlete’s Ethical Code of Atılım University.
- In cases where the violations given in Subclause 5, the sports scholarship of a such student is terminated upon a resolution by Atılım University Sports Affairs Ethical Board regarding their dismissal from their relevant team. In this case, the student shall be required to pay the tuition fee for the relevant academic year, previously exempted on the grounds of the scholarship that is no longer applicable. Failure to complete the tuition fee payment constitutes action to be taken as per the provisions on students failing to complete their registration transactions under the provisions of Atılım University Regulations on Associate and Undergraduate Education and Examination.
Documents and Information Required for Scholarship Applications:
- Sports history and a list of achievements (written by the candidate)
- Contact information
- Photos (of trophies or medals awarded, of newspapers or news, as well as individual or team photos)
- Copy of last certified sports license
- A reference letter by the last trainer of the candidate
- A reference letter by the last sports club of the candidate
- National Team Certificate from the relevant Federation.