Grants “Sports Scholarship” to student athletes who will start their undergraduate education at out University in proportion to their academic and sportive achievements.
Principles of the Scholarship:
1) It is granted to the students who take part in contests with the teams of university in the branches determined by Turkish University Sports Federation.
2) The students who want to receive sports scholarship must submit all information and documents related to their national and international participations, achievements, records to the Directorate of Sports in a file.
3) Granting sports scholarship depends on academic achievements of students and their successful participation in the teams of university in their own branch. The Board of Trustees determine the branches and students to be given scholarship upon the recommendation of the Directorate and approval of the President. Sports Scholarship is granted for one year and does not entitle students to receive scholarship in the following years.
4) The Directorate of Sports evaluates performance and attendance of scholarship students and, accordingly, gives a decision either to continue or terminate granting sports scholarship as a result of the evaluation.
5) In order for the continuation of the sports scholarship, Preparatory School students must pass the English Proficiency exam and other students must have minimum 1.70 of GPA to be entitled to move up, they must participate in the requisite activities with regard to their teams (meetings, trainings, matches, contests etc).
6) The students who do not meet necessary conditions for the scholarship anymore and enough performance and participation in the meetings, trainings, matches and contests lose their right to receive sports scholarship.
7) The students granted the scholarship are announced several days before university selections.
Documents required for the Scholarship:
- Sports history and lists of achievements to be written by the candidate)
- National Team certificate from relevant Federation
- Club reference letter to be written by the last sports club of candidate
- Trainer reference letter to be written by the last trainer of candidate
- Copy of last certified sports license
- Photograph (trophy, medal, news, gazette, individual or team photo)
- Contact information